Open Lab Games & Demigiant
Football Drama review
500 MB available space
Football Drama Review
Football Drama is an application by Open Lab Games & Demigiant. Football Drama was first published on . It is available on Steam, Other.
In Football Drama, you are Rocco Galliano, the Marseillaise new manager of Calchester Assembled Football Club.
After the abrupt ending of your coaching career seven years ago, the hysterical attention of the press quickly faded. But struggling results by Calchester FC convinced Boris Aluminovitch, its billionaire president, to axe the previous beleaguered manager and give you a new chance.
Will your raucous shouts from the bench change the fate of the team? Will you find wiseness and karma leadership with the help of the Book of Changes? Will your shady past reach back to you and make you crumble?
Chances that you can make it through a full season are slim. Corruption, crime, drugs and romance are all paths that you may take - for better or worse.
This is the only football game where you may lose the championship and win the game!
- Interactive narrative with meaningful game-changing choices
- Karma or chaos: life choices, game choices
- Turn-based match play with live-action animations
- 18 dramatic weeks of procedural championship where you can be fired at any time
- Deck-building mechanics determined by life choices and game results
- Ridiculous cards about the craziest aspects of today's football
- Illustrated log of each of your matches
- Silly main commentator with his obligatory colourful sidekick
- Replayable - every championship is unique, several different endings
- Nicely designed user interface by Pino Panzarella
- Stunning illustrated cards and characters by Daniele Giardini "Demigiant"
- Share your wins with friends and enemies
Why another game on football?Football Drama was started after discovering and exploring the richness and quality of the literature about football. Novelists and poets like Pasolini, Galeano, Soriano, Hornby, Saba, Handke, Wenders have written about football and its evocative and poetic power. Same in movies, with fringe and beautiful works like The Lost World Cup or Wender's The Goalie's Anxiety at the Penalty Kick. Another great inspiration was the book Football Clichés by Adam Hurrey.
This naturally lead to the question: why people love football so much?
So we started designing a new, unique game around football, as we believe games can be a wonderful media for storytelling.